Keeptouch Community Portal

Custom Search

Keeptouch Community Portal » Blogs » zlong6370 » Select an A-line Bridesmaid Dress

Rating: 99 votes, 1.00 average.

Select an A-line Bridesmaid Dress

Posted 15-04-2014 at 01:31 PM by zlong6370
With varieties of choices to make a decision, bridesmaids are usually puzzled with such a difficult decision. Here I will introduce one of the dress styles to provide some advices.

The A-line is a versatile shape since it can accommodate many different structural elements, including horizontal seems that help define your waistline, or a separate bodice and skirt that feature contrasting fabrics. The look of the A-line dress is also dependant upon length, which can range from above the knee for a fun and flirty bride, to a full-length dress that flows into a chapel-length train for the more traditional bride.

The princess cut is the most dramatic variation of the A-line dress. This style emphasizes the clean lines of the A-line by utilizing vertical panels that run from the neckline to the hem. The princess style provides elongating lines that create a slimming effect since your eye focuses on the length.

If you desire a simple look, free flowing silks like charmeuse are the best option because they allow the dress to hang naturally and create a soft feminine silhouette. If you want a more structured appearance that emphasizes the continuity of the A-line style, you will want a heavier fabric that can maintain shape, such as silk or satin. This same effect can also be achieved with the use of organza, or other supporting fabrics, that can be layered to create a full skirt.

The A-line dress is flattering on almost all body types. The long lines of the princess cut dress can create the illusion of height on a shorter body, as well as slim down a rounded figure. The full skirt of the A-line can also hide a larger lower body, or create the illusion of curves on a narrow frame.

I have been one of the bridesmaids of my closest friend. I chose a blue scoop A-line princess dress as my bridesmaid dress to match the white bridal dress of my friend. This princess bridesmaid dress<http://www.pandadress.com/princess-scoop-neckline-bridesmaid-dress-with-keyhole-back-p-641.html> for our 4 bridesmaids lively enlived the live atmosphere of the wedding, and gave me a chance getting to meet my boyfriend.
Total Comments 0

Comments

Recent Blog Entries by zlong6370