PDA

View Full Version : 榮記蝦雞肉怡保河粉(Funan Weng's Prawn Chicken Ipoh Hor Fun)

hskism
19-02-2006, 11:36 PM
After a morning of exercises on Saturday, me and my friend decided to go for lunch and top up the fat that we had lost in the morning.:laugh:

We go to Gim Moh! the Gim Moh Hawker Center/Wet Marker, Block 20.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/8738/gimmohwantonmarket3rh.jpg
Yeah, there are some good food in this hawker center, must give it a try.

The stall i wanna introduce to everyone is the Ipoh Hor Fun Stall, it looks like always got a long queue one. So i wonder is it that nice. So my friend and I gave it a try.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/1840/gimmohwantonstall9be.jpg
Yes, and this is the stall, you can see the queue, our orders still have to wait.

Oh yar, it is self service. Waited for sometime, and the food had finally come! Ok, colour is there, fragrance is there, the taste is there too. The main thing is the noodles, we ordered wanton noodles with Mee Pok. The uncle managed to make the mee pok "QQ" wah nice manz... i like the "Qness" of the mee pok, very nice to chew. THe wantons was so so lahz... still not the best.

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/952/gimmohwantonfoodandstall9ih.jpg
色香味 all are present!

The wantons is normal lohz, nothing remarkable. The Char Siew are tasty. What make the best out of it is the sauce and the Qness of the noodle.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/4811/gimmohwantoncloseu4rj.jpg
The sauce makes the noodles smooth and fragrance, which is so nice to eat.

The Soup is tasty, is ikan bilis soup. Overall, yar is good, better than the one below my house. 7 out of 10 i give. The price for small is $2.50. Can give it a try it you all pass by the place.

So after the meal, my friends and I go home.......

MrBlack
19-02-2006, 11:42 PM
:grin: ghim moh huh....i live in ghim moh leh!!!:wahaha:

rong ji ipoh 河粉 nice meh... i live here for more than 10 yrs le...i dun find any special...

my recomendation is 九江烧腊!! damn nice the duck !!:clap:

the 泰丰鱼圆面 in the afternoon also not bad...

u know the stall beside the 斋mee fen...at nite got sell prawn mee also damn nice!!!

:grin:

btw when u go...maybe i see u when i was coming down wear a shirt and singlet to buy lunch ...:grin:

MrBlack
19-02-2006, 11:43 PM
btw i live very near to blk 20..guess!!:muahaha:

veryhungryboy
19-02-2006, 11:43 PM
WA, i like tis kind of review, got pics sia.

hskism
19-02-2006, 11:50 PM
no lahz.. i just go go see see eat eat take take pic pics...
dunnoe wat is nice also... so just like say and tok on the stall i went lohz....
OK lahz.. the 榮記蝦雞肉怡保河粉not bad lahz... but not the best tat you eat liao rays of light will come out from your mouth...

Wat I want to compliment is that the uncle can make the noodle QQ and not Soggy......

九江烧腊... wah will give it a try some other time..... must take note....
how is the 炒粿條 at the market ar??

Wings
20-02-2006, 01:22 AM
Drool!!

I see those pics of the noodles & Char Siew makes me hungry. :ahmcio:

Many yrs ago, I often frequent That hawker Center at Ghim Moh also.

Yes, I still remember that Hokkien Prawn mee is rather famous over there & used to cost only $1.50 (That was 14 yrs ago). It's been such a long time since I went there. :)

sashimi
20-02-2006, 01:37 AM
i like the chee cheong fun with yam cake, fried carrot cake, yong tau hu & gutu mayam there...........maybe next sunday shall go there for beakfast.

forever-urs
20-02-2006, 10:55 AM
fwah. i work opposite the market nia. later lunch can go eat! looks delicious! :grin:

MrBlack
20-02-2006, 11:05 PM
fwah. i work opposite the market nia. later lunch can go eat! looks delicious! :grin:

opp the market???

ulu pandan cc?

evelove87
20-02-2006, 11:33 PM
i have tried the hor fun b4.. very tasty... yum yum...

forever-urs
21-02-2006, 09:44 AM
opp the market???

ulu pandan cc?

:nod:

dennis
21-02-2006, 10:30 AM
wah! hskism, u using wat cam ah?

nice food reviews :grin:

KeRoPi
21-02-2006, 10:35 AM
yeah i tried it b4 liao.. always go Ghim moh pasar to eat... not bad i would say.. ingrdients fresh

dennis
21-02-2006, 11:13 AM
yeah i tried it b4 liao.. always go Ghim moh pasar to eat... not bad i would say.. ingrdients fresh

think i will go there soon :ahmcio:

by the way i think got one episode of coffee shop and wok talks (channel 5) got recommend the paus there.

KeRoPi
21-02-2006, 11:42 AM
think i will go there soon :ahmcio:

by the way i think got one episode of coffee shop and wok talks (channel 5) got recommend the paus there.
paus? i not sure leh.. but hor you should oso try da 九江烧腊 there!

:drool: beri nice one! que beri long! da chicken rice there oso good!

MrBlack
21-02-2006, 06:09 PM
:nod:

u PA staff?

paus? i not sure leh.. but hor you should oso try da 九江烧腊 there!

:drool: beri nice one! que beri long! da chicken rice there oso good!

pipi...九江烧腊 got chicken meh?:scratch:

evelove87
22-02-2006, 03:26 AM
u PA staff?

pipi...九江烧腊 got chicken meh?:scratch:

I believe the chicken rice tt he refer to is another stall ba.. the corner stall.. their chicken rice v. nice...

hskism
24-02-2006, 07:58 PM
I got to go there and have somemore meal and check the qual ity.....
There is a stall sell char quey tiao one right?
Got one time i saw alot people queuing... wah dunnoe really is the food good or the system of that uncle's business is lousy....

KeRoPi
24-02-2006, 08:01 PM
I got to go there and have somemore meal and check the qual ity.....
There is a stall sell char quey tiao one right?
Got one time i saw alot people queuing... wah dunnoe really is the food good or the system of that uncle's business is lousy....
da cai tou kuey dere is GOOD!

I believe the chicken rice tt he refer to is another stall ba.. the corner stall.. their chicken rice v. nice...
:nod: yeah another stall in da corner da chicken rice is good..