PDA

View Full Version : Why old man like to sniff sniff medicine oil?

Devilishious
17-11-2005, 01:40 AM
I find it weird that alot of ah peks I know got this v bad habit of stuffing the bottle up their nostrils, and take deep breathes to inhale the vapor.

My father last time lagi better, he turn the bottle upside-down when he does that, so he practically pours the oil down his nose.

V shiok meh? I tried once only to choke on the pungent vapor.

Is this dangerous for their health?

gaoxing84
17-11-2005, 01:44 AM
hahas..the vicks inhaler? LOL..
i using it..addicted le..lol

Devilishious
17-11-2005, 01:49 AM
Not vicks inhaler, those medicated oil bottles, like axe oil or mei hua oil etc

kicskate
17-11-2005, 01:52 AM
I find it weird that alot of ah peks I know got this v bad habit of stuffing the bottle up their nostrils, and take deep breathes to inhale the vapor.

My father last time lagi better, he turn the bottle upside-down when he does that, so he practically pours the oil down his nose.

i was laughing when i saw your thread.... pour the whole bottle...... :wahaha:
he addicted to it already...... he needs the menthol to kp him refresh.....

Urban_11
17-11-2005, 01:53 AM
my mum also doing it...addictive...

gaoxing84
17-11-2005, 01:56 AM
dats oso same lyk those vicks..will get addicted de..lol

Devilishious
17-11-2005, 02:06 AM
Eh, but vicks inhaler is meant to be inhaled, medicated oil is not wor.

gaoxing84
17-11-2005, 02:16 AM
dey drip the oil in the nose? or dey inhale the oil smell?

Devilishious
17-11-2005, 03:06 AM
huh? both wor

gaoxing84
17-11-2005, 03:21 AM
wah..drip abit siao le..too addicted le..lol

capslock
17-11-2005, 08:45 AM
I sniff Axe Oil sometimes when I have blocked nose.

Some medicated oil smells ok to me.

kinokuniya
17-11-2005, 09:14 AM

not only elderly ah.....hv seen some youngsters oso lehz.......:sweat: :sweat:

to me horz....machiam like drugs lehz.....everywhere they go, they use :ahmcio: only it is NOT illegal and will not b caught by police in the open lorz......

smkiong
17-11-2005, 09:19 AM
Why old man like to sniff??? I guess it's a habit they had picked up when they're younger bah.

kinokuniya
17-11-2005, 09:29 AM
Why old man like to sniff??? I guess it's a habit they had picked up when they're younger bah.

so influencing the youngs oso ah.......:faint:

smkiong
17-11-2005, 09:39 AM
so influencing the youngs oso ah.......:faint:
Maybe the young ones think it's a cool thing to do??? :ahmcio: You some young guys will idolize some matured or accomplished guys. Then if these matured guys sniff medicine oil, the young guys might follow as to them it's what their idol is doing. :ahmcio:

kinokuniya
17-11-2005, 09:40 AM
Maybe the young ones think it's a cool thing to do??? :ahmcio: You some young guys will idolize some matured or accomplished guys. Then if these matured guys sniff medicine oil, the young guys might follow as to them it's what their idol is doing. :ahmcio:

aiyo............where's the logic here?? :faint:

so far yet 2c stars behaving like tt ah.........mayb in pte bah..........:ahmcio: then I wont know

smkiong
17-11-2005, 09:43 AM
aiyo............where's the logic here?? :faint:

so far yet 2c stars behaving like tt ah.........mayb in pte bah..........:ahmcio: then I wont know

The stars of course won't be doing these in public mah. Maybe when they're acting that time then they'll sniff sniff, but also must depend on the script. :laugh:

kinokuniya
17-11-2005, 09:53 AM
The stars of course won't be doing these in public mah. Maybe when they're acting that time then they'll sniff sniff, but also must depend on the script. :laugh:

ah!!! :faint:

still ah.....I felt it is not healthy 2 do so lehz........stiffing all the way machiam like stiffing drugs like tt :sweat:

Classified
17-11-2005, 10:21 AM
hmm.. i oso got e habit of sniffing Axe oil but not pour or drip inside my nose.. i got some kinda stiff nose prob.. so i every morning will put abit to "clear" my nose hhaha

temari
17-11-2005, 10:56 AM
wah..drip abit siao le..too addicted le..lol
u sniff vicks inhaler :ahmcio:
old man like to sniff medicine oil guess they addicted already.in their generation is like that one. some aso rub the oil at their nose.drip oil inside wnt it hurts?cannot imagine :sweat:

bloodcool
17-11-2005, 11:34 AM
old man like to sniff medicine oil guess they addicted already.in their generation is like that one. some aso rub the oil at their nose.drip oil inside wnt it hurts?cannot imagine :sweat:
last time when i kena punished by my father, i take medicated oil as lipstick... :ahmcio:

kinokuniya
17-11-2005, 11:59 AM
last time when i kena punished by my father, i take medicated oil as lipstick... :ahmcio:

I worst ah......I kinda like the "hiam hiam" feeling then like dapping the med oil into my mouth ah......wah hiam si ah.......:ahmcio:

rice
17-11-2005, 12:33 PM
I also have this habbit during my childhood,
drip and applied on all around my head when I have headache,
on my limps when having leg pain,
basically is all around my body lah.. :wahaha:
But have quitted this bad habbit liao,
cos this will make myself stink like #@%$&^*!!!.. :sweat:

Have also saw a camp mate during NS time smoke and apply medicated oil at the same time (he used the powerful red bottled Thailand medicated oil), think he wanted to increase the feeling of menthol.. :ahmcio:

temari
17-11-2005, 12:43 PM
whatt?!:faint:

IamBoring
17-11-2005, 01:15 PM
i oso like to sniff vick.. cos the smell realli make mi feel veri shiok and fresh... :muahaha:
but i dun like the smell of axl ..

ztife
17-11-2005, 01:39 PM
When I was younger I had very bad cases with sighness (still do, but I changed methods), and the older generation introduce all this methods for block nose.. which includes sniffing these stuffs.

It actually works for some reason, although I have no idea how. Probably because the chemical numb the nostril muscles, so the nostrils relax and air can go in thus the mucus can flow out easy. But it just seems to clear after a while. And the worse the block nose, stronger oil needed.

And they also use these medicated oil for bad stomach (which I can understand), as well as headaches. Usually apply to the temples and the two acu-points under the chin (which personally I find extremely effective). They use this to keep themselves awake as well.

Btw for the bad stomach, when you rub the oil in your stomach it retains heat. That's why people also use it when they cold, like in the tour buses or mrt etc.

I've never heard of dabbing it on the lips though, and it probably taste bitter and "sting".

Im not exactly sure what its made of really. Just very strong odour, probably extract of spices. In that case it shouldn't affect the body in anyway, just mild drug-reliance (addiction) like caffine. So like you feel sleepy when you don't have it, and when you think you "need" it, like you feel colder in buses when you miss your medicated oil because your body is too used to having it, and physcologically you are dependent on it as well.

And I laughed when reading the title as well =D

forever-urs
17-11-2005, 01:41 PM
haha. not only old ppl la.

I also have the habit of rubbing my nose with vics vapour rub since young.cos i have a very bad blocked nose since young. always blocked one. haha.

Sensitive nose. since then have been addicted to it le. As long as i m at home, u will see me walkin around with it.. hahahaha. in my hand.

I like the menthol smell also.!! :)

gaoxing84
17-11-2005, 07:38 PM
hahas..yup yup..last time hardcore..but my gf don lyk the smell..so i try to sniff lesser le..:grin:

temari
17-11-2005, 11:38 PM
hahas..yup yup..last time hardcore..but my gf don lyk the smell..so i try to sniff lesser le..:grin:
:ahmcio: dnt sniff too much la

jnifur
17-11-2005, 11:45 PM
Its an addictive habit
The cabby that drives me was doing that yesterday..and controlling the steering wheel at the same time...he cough badly....then after sniffing, he stop coughing.

gaoxing84
17-11-2005, 11:45 PM
:ahmcio: dnt sniff too much la
hahas..last time damn hardcore..nw lesser le..LOL..:grin:

temari
17-11-2005, 11:49 PM
hahas..last time damn hardcore..nw lesser le..LOL..:grin:
why?last time u block nose everytime huh?:ahmcio:

gaoxing84
17-11-2005, 11:56 PM
why?last time u block nose everytime huh?:ahmcio:
at nite lor..den kip sniffing..LOL..dat time i more xiong..buy two n sniff ah..LOL

jnifur
17-11-2005, 11:59 PM
at nite lor..den kip sniffing..LOL..dat time i more xiong..buy two n sniff ah..LOL

eh,...u go see doc buy those dirently spray inside the nose wan ...it can cure ur block nose. Then no need to sniff le

gaoxing84
18-11-2005, 12:02 AM
eh,...u go see doc buy those dirently spray inside the nose wan ...it can cure ur block nose. Then no need to sniff le
hahas..i noe..coz my bro using it..but i stop sniffing the inhaler ..i am ok le..
funni sia..LOL

temari
18-11-2005, 12:44 AM
hahas..i noe..coz my bro using it..but i stop sniffing the inhaler ..i am ok le..
funni sia..LOL
ohh. you all got same sickness huh?

gaoxing84
18-11-2005, 01:46 PM
no la..my bro more jialat..
mi is becoz of i sniff the vicks den will liddat de..lOL..

ifzzz
18-11-2005, 01:56 PM
medicated oil apply le will have that 'bing bing' de felling.. guess old people has lots of discomfort due to old age and all the old age problem.. and using the medicated oil will make them feel better bah...

i myself is personally so afraid of that 'bing bing' de feeling.. :sweat:

temari
18-11-2005, 01:58 PM
no la..my bro more jialat..
mi is becoz of i sniff the vicks den will liddat de..lOL..
wont the smell too strong heart will difficult to breath?:ahmcio:

We|sAu
18-11-2005, 09:22 PM
i super super super scared of that smell de!!
i smell liao i wan vomite..
dunno y they liek so much! :Puke:

Devilishious
18-11-2005, 10:01 PM
i super super super scared of that smell de!!
i smell liao i wan vomite..
dunno y they liek so much! :Puke:
Wah, so serious? Then you never used medicated oil at all huh?

We|sAu
18-11-2005, 10:44 PM
Wah, so serious? Then you never used medicated oil at all huh?
nahz
no use
juz hate the smell
will make me super headache
ppl say u feel giddy smell the oil dne ok
i will end up having terrible headache and :Puke:

Devilishious
18-11-2005, 10:55 PM
nahz
no use
juz hate the smell
will make me super headache
ppl say u feel giddy smell the oil dne ok
i will end up having terrible headache and :Puke:
Wah, weird wor, hahaha

Usually people use medicated oil to relieve giddiness and headaches, for you medicated oil induces giddiness and headaches ... :ahmcio:

We|sAu
18-11-2005, 10:56 PM
Wah, weird wor, hahaha

Usually people use medicated oil to relieve giddiness and headaches, for you medicated oil induces giddiness and headaches ... :ahmcio:
anor
i juz cant stand the smell lor
:sweat:

gaoxing84
19-11-2005, 02:06 AM
wont the smell too strong heart will difficult to breath?:ahmcio:
hmm..wun la..but beri beri cold wen u breathe in air..lol