PDA

View Full Version : How to take care of rebonded hair?

hamuhamuchan
22-10-2005, 04:12 PM
I have never done anything to my hair before... I only rebonded my hair for the first time in my life yesterday (close to 5 hours on the seat, cos my hair took a long time to absorb the softener)... now wondering how to take care of my rebonded hair? Can I still tie my hair? After a shower, the hair is wet. Do I use a hair dryer or let it dry naturally? Do I comb my hair backwards or just straight down? I can't put my hair behind the ears right? How long do I have to wait before I can start tying my hair or put my hair behind the ears?

Would appreciate any advice. I only bought a rebonding shampoo from the salon that I went yesterday... she said I can just finish that bottle and resume to normal shampoo.. or if I like I can still get the shampoo from them.... thanks.

BeckHamHam
22-10-2005, 06:39 PM
I have never done anything to my hair before... I only rebonded my hair for the first time in my life yesterday (close to 5 hours on the seat, cos my hair took a long time to absorb the softener)... now wondering how to take care of my rebonded hair? Can I still tie my hair? After a shower, the hair is wet. Do I use a hair dryer or let it dry naturally? Do I comb my hair backwards or just straight down? I can't put my hair behind the ears right? How long do I have to wait before I can start tying my hair or put my hair behind the ears?

Would appreciate any advice. I only bought a rebonding shampoo from the salon that I went yesterday... she said I can just finish that bottle and resume to normal shampoo.. or if I like I can still get the shampoo from them.... thanks.
if im not wrong, u shouldnt wash ur hair two days after ur hair rebonding.

The next time u wash ur hair, make sure u use conditioner. And blow ur hair half dry.

As for combing, u decide lors.

Dont put ur hair behind ur ears all the time. it will curl over time.

and after u rebond, try not to tie ur hair often. if not, ur hair will curl oso.

snoozy
24-10-2005, 11:45 PM
cannot put behind the ears.. ermm.. my hairstylist didnt tell me that.. he somemore said put behind look nicer.. ggrrrr.. but he told me dont tie my hair for one week.. cos will curl up very fast..

IniQx
25-10-2005, 01:44 AM
the longer u can tahan not washing ur hair, the better it is. definitely cannot tug ur hair behind ur ears & try not to tie it. if u have to, tie very loosely. u can still blow dry ur hair, but be careful abt the temp & the distance u hold the hair-dryer. (actually it's the same for all hair types. too much of direct heat blown is not good for the hair.) combing wont affect anything. as long as u can comb thru easily, it shld be fine... :grin:

yvonne77
25-10-2005, 08:36 AM
same as the rest who had mentioned... tug hair behind ears lah.. but my hairstylist told me try not to tie up the hair for at least 3 mths..

elyn_8309
25-10-2005, 11:45 AM
for me..i always tug my hair bhind ears..but its still the same i feel..no difference..combing doesnt affect as much i guess.but do not wash for abt 3days..tats wad hairdresser told me..but i washed in a day..lol..too hot..cant take it:grin:

snoozy
25-10-2005, 11:54 AM
then anyone got any pro combing hair when jus wash with water.. i always got difficulty combing especially at the end.. it like tangle together but when i use shampoo.. although i got same pro.. but more smoother ..

kinokuniya
25-10-2005, 12:29 PM
m hving rebonding hair myself now :grin:

basically I dun reli take much care of it de.......shampoo/conditioned ah.......

now only my fringe has "lost the rebond" ah....not bcos the work isnt done well, but then bcos of my itchy fingers always flipped backwards ah.....:ahmcio:

so far, those frnds I hv seen, commented my rebonding hair still looks fine lorz....except for 1 or 2 ah........so frankly, m not sure if it is reli good lorz....but my hubi said - the hair still looks straight :grin: tt's good enuf le........

legendtale
25-10-2005, 12:42 PM
m hving rebonding hair myself now :grin:

basically I dun reli take much care of it de.......shampoo/conditioned ah.......

now only my fringe has "lost the rebond" ah....not bcos the work isnt done well, but then bcos of my itchy fingers always flipped backwards ah.....:ahmcio:

so far, those frnds I hv seen, commented my rebonding hair still looks fine lorz....except for 1 or 2 ah........so frankly, m not sure if it is reli good lorz....but my hubi said - the hair still looks straight :grin: tt's good enuf le........

didnt know your hair is rebonded hair. looks straight and natural to me! but so far the 2 times u were with cap so not sure abt the hair nearer to the head...:grin:

kinokuniya
25-10-2005, 12:46 PM
didnt know your hair is rebonded hair. looks straight and natural to me! but so far the 2 times u were with cap so not sure abt the hair nearer to the head...:grin:

hmmm.......u come 2 some other outings tt I dun wear cap de ah.......then u can see the condition of my hair le....:ahmcio:

looks straight and natural ah??? :blushed:

legendtale
25-10-2005, 01:23 PM
I thought yours is natural straight one. becos doesnt look like rebonded and yet so straight. i so envy leh.

kinokuniya
25-10-2005, 01:26 PM
I thought yours is natural straight one. becos doesnt look like rebonded and yet so straight. i so envy leh.

now u no nd 2 envy le..........bcos it is "bluff" straight de.......:wahaha:

kinokuniya
25-10-2005, 01:28 PM
then anyone got any pro combing hair when jus wash with water.. i always got difficulty combing especially at the end.. it like tangle together but when i use shampoo.. although i got same pro.. but more smoother ..

no lehz....so far I dun hv any prob even combing whilst wet ah.....i.e. whilst washing lorz......

wondering - did ur hairstylist reco u any shampoo/conditioner for ur rebonded hair?? :sweat:

for me, the shampoo/conditioner are meant for rebonded hair de......:grin:

snoozy
25-10-2005, 01:31 PM
no lehz....so far I dun hv any prob even combing whilst wet ah.....i.e. whilst washing lorz......

wondering - did ur hairstylist reco u any shampoo/conditioner for ur rebonded hair?? :sweat:

for me, the shampoo/conditioner are meant for rebonded hair de......:grin:

nope.. that was the weird part..last time when i did my rebond .. my hairstylist will recommend this and that.. but this one.. which was my first time there.. didnt said anything.. onli ask me to go 2nd time treatment :...:

shanshan
25-10-2005, 01:40 PM
but it really need some maintaining ..cos if u do liao, no maintain oso no point..waste $$
normally use rebonding shampoo & conditioner shd be ok..

kinokuniya
25-10-2005, 01:50 PM
nope.. that was the weird part..last time when i did my rebond .. my hairstylist will recommend this and that.. but this one.. which was my first time there.. didnt said anything.. onli ask me to go 2nd time treatment :...:

hmmm........on my 2nd rebonding, I gone back for treatment approx a mth later ah........then until now lorz.......:grin:

surviving with jus shampoo/conditioner so far - I no blow my hair de......self-dry :wahaha:

ok ah.....so far no complain :grin:

snoozy
25-10-2005, 01:51 PM
so far no my hair still ok.. it jus the tangle part..

kinokuniya
25-10-2005, 02:04 PM
so far no my hair still ok.. it jus the tangle part..

mayb u try ah........apply the conditioner on the ends :grin:

snoozy
25-10-2005, 02:07 PM
mayb u try ah........apply the conditioner on the ends :grin:

i did that everytime i wash my hair.. i guess my end too dry alr.. i:(

misswho
25-10-2005, 03:13 PM
never go SWIMMING after rebonding!

kinokuniya
25-10-2005, 04:00 PM
never go SWIMMING after rebonding!

swimming? as in swimming pool??? :sweat: I hv gone swimming in the sea ah.........:nervous:

misswho
25-10-2005, 04:04 PM
swimming? as in swimming pool??? :sweat: I hv gone swimming in the sea ah.........:nervous:

wah gd question!!! I duno abt the sea but I went swimming pool once and it became "wires" when i got up! (due to the chlorine i suppose)

kinokuniya
25-10-2005, 04:13 PM
wah gd question!!! I duno abt the sea but I went swimming pool once and it became "wires" when i got up! (due to the chlorine i suppose)

so bad ah........:nervous: m going 2 swiming pool soon lehz......:sweat: let's hope it does not happen 2 me ah..:(

misswho
25-10-2005, 04:37 PM
kino..i think u just need to put on the swimming cap! It does help leH!! :)

kinokuniya
26-10-2005, 11:15 AM
kino..i think u just need to put on the swimming cap! It does help leH!! :)

ah..........cannot lehz.....I nd my hair to cover a big scar :( *sigh* nvr mind lahz.........anyway it is time 4 me to do another round le.......

10q ;-)

misswho :HugHug: kino

misswho
26-10-2005, 12:32 PM
no worries la kino...if u hv rebonded for quite sometime then i think not as bad one la..cos tt time i went swimming 3-4days after my rebonding and thats y became wires! If its has been a while then dun think the chlorine hurt that much! gd luck ;-)

kinokuniya
26-10-2005, 01:14 PM
no worries la kino...if u hv rebonded for quite sometime then i think not as bad one la..cos tt time i went swimming 3-4days after my rebonding and thats y became wires! If its has been a while then dun think the chlorine hurt that much! gd luck ;-)

yah done for quite a while le.........coming to a year :halo: but so far so gd lehz.....think m fortunate lorz.....found a gd hairstylist :grin: :blushed:

elyn_8309
26-10-2005, 05:42 PM
i went swimming its ok leh..after that apply more conditioner then i tink it should be ok:halo:

elyn_8309
26-10-2005, 09:57 PM
got so troublesome???lol..no need la..normal washing method oso ok wad..

GeraldTrance
17-08-2008, 02:12 PM
After rebonding, if i were to use a shampoo, what kind of shampoo is most suitable..? cos right now i have no penny to buy the hair products from the salon :(

And after the rebonding, is it a Must to do treatment?

fairy_gal
21-08-2008, 11:58 PM
i think is more of how you take care. Last time i reborn twice... i didn't do treatment. But i avoid tying up my hair in case of any bend.

If not, you try buying hair mask? Do it regularly like 1 week 2-3 times? For me, it helps.

mesmeriz3
23-08-2008, 12:12 PM
use some rebonding shampoo + conditioner, probably you can get the ones recommended by your hairstylist?

xiiaoguii
25-08-2008, 01:29 AM
GeraldTrance, i rather you get a good leave in treatment cream if you don't have much cash to spare.

it is not a must to do treatment after rebonding.
doing the treatment will gv you back some protein which you hv lost during the chemical work. which means prettier hair.