PDA

View Full Version : Jack Neo's new movie 'The Best Bet'

Devilishious
04-06-2004, 01:34 AM
Toto, 4D, and Big Sweep -- award winning movie director Jack Neo and MediaCorp's Raintree Pictures have placed bets on all three for their new movie, 'The Best Bet', which premiered on Thursday.
The movie is a comic satire on gambling in Singapore, and revolves around three good friends whose friendship is put to the test when one of them strikes the lottery and decides to keep the winnings to himself.

The Best Bet, Jack Neo's fourth movie, stars Mark Lee, Richard Low, Chen Liping, Christopher Lee, and newcomer Joanne Peh.

MediaCorp Raintree Pictures chief executive Daniel Yun said, "It really actually shows the perils and the problems of obsessive and illegal gambling. So it wouldn't encourage (gambling) but it's actually very engaging and actually very entertaining."

Director Neo added, "A lot of people are actually suffering from gambling because they lose. We didn't tell them that if you're not careful, you're going to lose a lot of money; you win one time doesn't mean you're going to win forever.

"I think this movie is going to tell them the truth. It's not an educational movie, but just want to show you something. This movie is just like a mirror; I want people to see themselves."

The movie's lead actor Mark Lee said, "Every location we go to we just tell people we're doing The Best Bet movie, then they ask for the number; they want to go and bet. Even when we go to the hawker centre we sit at a table -- you know hawker centres have got numbers -- they pick up all the numbers and go and buy Toto!"

Singapore's highest grossing local movie has been Jack Neo's 'Money No Enough' which raked in S$5.8 million in 1997.

So will this new movie be another box office hit? Well, for now, that's anybody's bet.

You can catch sneak previews of The Best Bet from Friday. - CNA

Gian Png
04-06-2004, 03:28 PM
y r local movies so predictable?

as in the theme of the show is almost so similar...

godaikyoko
04-06-2004, 03:48 PM
hmmm ... keke .. IMO .. this show wait till its vcd out then watch :X

ACURA
04-06-2004, 09:17 PM
See liao...

Monday tio ToTo
Tuesday Off
Wednesday tio 4D
Thursday tio ToTo
Friday Off
Saturday tio 4D
Sunday tio 4D again....

Being a professional gambler also is a 5 day job :wahaha:

lyk13
04-06-2004, 11:24 PM
Give Jack Neo and the cast credits for this...:tu:

Devilishious
05-06-2004, 01:25 AM
ehhh, at least wait till the movie's out before giving verdicts. :)
But local movies got local flavors mah, which foriegn show gives u s'porean's fave past time? Western flicks has their overkill of war movies, love movies as well lor.

Tidus_Yuna1986
05-06-2004, 10:09 AM
This movie is :tu: ... also very funny...

jnifur
05-06-2004, 11:49 AM
I will go n see. :grin:
Hollywood movies also all abt the same wan mah.
Why must we always think lowly or local shows. Like that very hard for the pple who are working on it.

IniQx
05-06-2004, 01:44 PM
somehow jack neo's movie has failed to capture my attention & interest aft homerun. now that's an excellent movie he has done :tu:

gubby
05-06-2004, 03:04 PM
See liao...

Monday tio ToTo
Tuesday Off
Wednesday tio 4D
Thursday tio ToTo
Friday Off
Saturday tio 4D
Sunday tio 4D again....

Being a professional gambler also is a 5 day job :wahaha:

hmmm...think i should change job too. :laugh:

kerpalz
05-06-2004, 04:34 PM
Give Jack Neo and the cast credits for this...:tu:

five with u!!! We should give credit to our local production houses...

j20_sg
05-06-2004, 10:11 PM
hmm...watching tonite 12am...later then see hw's it.... ;-)

We|sAu
05-06-2004, 10:33 PM
think if u gif me free tix i oso wun go watch..
is so......i dunno how to say..i listen their song...see their ad...i sianz liaoz.
my fren told me todae he went to watch last nite..at 1st wan watch harry porter but dne no tix...so no choice but to watch this..
he say...if u haf $$ no where to spend..den go watch..or u super super sianz..den go watch..coz is a veyr lame show...
and he said abr 80% of the show is dialect...so i can forget abt watching liaoz..hahaha
anyway...jack neo movie all same same pattern one lehz..except the xiao hai bu ben and pao ba hai zi...and pao ba hai zi is the onli jack neo movie dat i wan to watch and i watched...
feel a bit too.......relaly cannot find any word to describe...is like more suitable for drama instead?or should i say too jack neo?i oso dunno...

hellokitty
06-06-2004, 02:33 AM
think if u gif me free tix i oso wun go watch..
is so......i dunno how to say..i listen their song...see their ad...i sianz liaoz.
my fren told me todae he went to watch last nite..at 1st wan watch harry porter but dne no tix...so no choice but to watch this..
he say...if u haf $$ no where to spend..den go watch..or u super super sianz..den go watch..coz is a veyr lame show...
and he said abr 80% of the show is dialect...so i can forget abt watching liaoz..hahaha
anyway...jack neo movie all same same pattern one lehz..except the xiao hai bu ben and pao ba hai zi...and pao ba hai zi is the onli jack neo movie dat i wan to watch and i watched...
feel a bit too.......relaly cannot find any word to describe...is like more suitable for drama instead?or should i say too jack neo?i oso dunno...

really huh? hmmm...still thinking of watching...

80% dialect.... :rolleyes: OMG...got subtitles or not? if not how to understand....me not very good in my dialect..hahaa..

hellokitty
06-06-2004, 02:35 AM
hmm...watching tonite 12am...later then see hw's it.... ;-)

watch liao can tell us how u feel abt the show...got subtitle one or not huh?

j20_sg
06-06-2004, 03:08 AM
ya 80% dialect...chinese/english subtitles....

quite funny la....the songs also so lame :laugh:....nt a bad show if u understand dialect....and also quiet meaning full la....the end part....

overall....nt bad la.....got comedy got meaning...abit typical/predictable but well....jack neo ma...

DarkSins
06-06-2004, 03:21 AM
why does jack neo always make stupid shows!?

lyk13
06-06-2004, 10:46 AM
somehow jack neo's movie has failed to capture my attention & interest aft homerun. now that's an excellent movie he has done :tu:
Did u mean:

"somehow jack neo's movie has NEVER failed to capture my attention & interest aft homerun. now that's an excellent movie he has done :tu: " ?

We|sAu
06-06-2004, 11:25 AM
really huh? hmmm...still thinking of watching...

80% dialect.... :rolleyes: OMG...got subtitles or not? if not how to understand....me not very good in my dialect..hahaa..
but...even if got subtitles...
the feeling is diff mahz..
i mean...i feel dat is better to understand dialect and go watch..den u really understand wat they saying..coz u see subtitles..the meaning will sumhow be diff..
juz like watchin cantonese shows wif subtitles..
yes...u may understand wat they saying..
but to me..hu understand canto oso..listen to them say and see the subtitles...is like...very diff...the meaning is very diff oso...the atmosphere is juz so diff ba..

lyk13
06-06-2004, 11:33 AM
It's not stupid. Dun think you have the ability to appreciate what his shows meant.

LuV-AmanDa
06-06-2004, 01:02 PM
wah laoz say til so bad.... i tink he quite talented lah... he got e heart n effort 2 do we shld at least appreciate mah

LuV-AmanDa
06-06-2004, 01:04 PM
[QUOTE=We|sAu]think if u gif me free tix i oso wun go watch..
QUOTE]
hahahahaha btw yeah i oso dun like their song... lolx beri 2pid leh... earli in e morning ard 6+ i reach mrt station 2 go camp... den everytime so earli hear e song liaoz... kinda sianz... abit spoil my day hahahahahaha :p

go5
06-06-2004, 01:19 PM
i like Local movies.
coz can always related to ppl ard...haha

jnifur
06-06-2004, 07:04 PM
I haven watch....cannot get tickets.
IF someone wan to give me his/her tickets I sure go...:laugh:
mai siao...5pm show 3pm already sold out....kua zhang.
Well, it is not about Jack Neo and his stupid shows. It is about the mentality of pple here. I realise, so long as it is local, some pple goes :Puke:
If it is hollywood...most of the shows (not to mention there are some bad ones) will get the :tu:
Isnt this fair? It is either we like, or we dun like. Dun like is ok de, where got everyone like a particular thing wan rite. Like wan me to like cantonese shows I also a bit hard cos I dun understand. I tired to learn, but still cannot catch. Haiz...if it is dialect, then people feel that it is crude, doesnt mean we are slapping ourselves? Because many of us belongs to those dialect groups. We cant deny our mums n dads could speak like that also. I tink if we feel ashame of it, then we are not fit to be chinese.

We|sAu
06-06-2004, 09:07 PM
[QUOTE=We|sAu]think if u gif me free tix i oso wun go watch..
QUOTE]
hahahahaha btw yeah i oso dun like their song... lolx beri 2pid leh... earli in e morning ard 6+ i reach mrt station 2 go camp... den everytime so earli hear e song liaoz... kinda sianz... abit spoil my day hahahahahaha :p
haha..
yah lor..the song is like..a bit...
everytime go mrt...got the song..
juz now i was at the station waitin for the train..den got the song again...
bai liu li bai hui bu hui kai...
den got this grp of guys there..
they act sing it loud....i was like...omg..hahahaha

We|sAu
06-06-2004, 09:15 PM
Well, it is not about Jack Neo and his stupid shows. It is about the mentality of pple here. I realise, so long as it is local, some pple goes :Puke:
If it is hollywood...most of the shows (not to mention there are some bad ones) will get the :tu:
Isnt this fair? It is either we like, or we dun like. Dun like is ok de, where got everyone like a particular thing wan rite. Like wan me to like cantonese shows I also a bit hard cos I dun understand. I tired to learn, but still cannot catch. Haiz...if it is dialect, then people feel that it is crude, doesnt mean we are slapping ourselves? Because many of us belongs to those dialect groups. We cant deny our mums n dads could speak like that also. I tink if we feel ashame of it, then we are not fit to be chinese.
is the same mahz..
i onli noe cantonese..coz i grew up in hk..dats the onli dialect i got in touch wif lor..
so if u ask me to watch a show wif other dialects..
den...hard lor..
yes i can understand a bit of hokkien..but other dialects cant make it..
and if u all tok hokkien fast i wun udnerstand..
but..dat cannot blame me oso lor..
coz...i was nv in touch wif hokkien..
at least u all go out..market or wat...or even those aunties...they speak hokkien..
but in hk..u can nv nv nv hear sum1 tok hokkien
act at 1st i agree wif u..if u dunno ur dialect..u should be ashame of urself..but..come to think of it..is it ur fault?
i dun think so..coz u dun get in toiuch wif the dialect since young...den is harder to learn..to understand..unless u start to learn lor..

guess is juz diff to every individual lor..
maybe coz im not born here..
i cant be compared to all of u hu are singaporeans..
and dats y i love my homeland more...and i dun see anything wrong wif it...
and dats the reason y i cant really accept some of the singapore shows...and jack's movie ba...
but hey compare to other non singaporeans..i already accept a lot of things liaoz..
i watched sg drama...listen to sg radio station...
but sumhow i juz cant accept some of jack's show lor..
there are oso some of his shows which i like..like pao ba hai zi..i think dat is a really really great show lor..
but there are oso some other shows...of some topic..dat i dun really like..
i oso dunno y..but it juz dun interest me at all...

j20_sg
06-06-2004, 09:17 PM
:yesyes: :nod: agree wif u n lyk... ^.^

Dun sae low class stupid la...u ur parents all nvr buy 4D meh....reflecting OUR lifestyles onli loe...

mickey
06-06-2004, 09:33 PM
Yeah..too bad cun get tickets on sat..well..I perfer to c d show in cinema becoz of dialect which is much funny then waiting for Vcd..anyway everybody hv their own perferences..I dun mind local show after too much of all western films..gd to change 'favour' once awhile..Perhaps we r able to relate d film cos it is abt d living style of SG mah:p

jnifur
06-06-2004, 09:49 PM
is the same mahz..
i onli noe cantonese..coz i grew up in hk..dats the onli dialect i got in touch wif lor..
so if u ask me to watch a show wif other dialects..
den...hard lor..
yes i can understand a bit of hokkien..but other dialects cant make it..
and if u all tok hokkien fast i wun udnerstand..
but..dat cannot blame me oso lor..
coz...i was nv in touch wif hokkien..
at least u all go out..market or wat...or even those aunties...they speak hokkien..
but in hk..u can nv nv nv hear sum1 tok hokkien
act at 1st i agree wif u..if u dunno ur dialect..u should be ashame of urself..but..come to think of it..is it ur fault?
i dun think so..coz u dun get in toiuch wif the dialect since young...den is harder to learn..to understand..unless u start to learn lor..

guess is juz diff to every individual lor..
maybe coz im not born here..
i cant be compared to all of u hu are singaporeans..
and dats y i love my homeland more...and i dun see anything wrong wif it...
and dats the reason y i cant really accept some of the singapore shows...and jack's movie ba...
but hey compare to other non singaporeans..i already accept a lot of things liaoz..
i watched sg drama...listen to sg radio station...
but sumhow i juz cant accept some of jack's show lor..
there are oso some of his shows which i like..like pao ba hai zi..i think dat is a really really great show lor..
but there are oso some other shows...of some topic..dat i dun really like..
i oso dunno y..but it juz dun interest me at all...

:nod: Yah welsau, I agree with u....at least u dun like u say u dun like loh. I mean, there is nothing wrong with it.
Dun say u, some of the locally produce dramas I also dun really like, even though they are in mandarin.
Dun wu hui, What I am trying to say is Darksins shd not say jack neo make stupid shows.
No offense hor Darksins, I mean, it is ok to criticise, but do it nicely lah.

go5
06-06-2004, 09:49 PM
:luxhello: :tu:

We|sAu
06-06-2004, 10:07 PM
:nod: Yah welsau, I agree with u....at least u dun like u say u dun like loh. I mean, there is nothing wrong with it.
Dun say u, some of the locally produce dramas I also dun really like, even though they are in mandarin.
Dun wu hui, What I am trying to say is Darksins shd not say jack neo make stupid shows.
No offense hor Darksins, I mean, it is ok to criticise, but do it nicely lah.
hm...
Darksins can comment dat is stupid show lahz..
but guess not in forum lor..
he cna say dat to his frens..to his family or wateva..
like i always did..haha..
i will say this and dat stupid when i at home or to my frens lor..
but if i noe my fren like dat certain thing or show or wat..
den usually i will say i dun like..i wun say hey dats so stupid u like for wat...are u an idiot?
i mean there are ppl out there hu act make such comment when they noe sum1 like sumthing they dun like lor..
but den..since this is a forum..guess everyone haf the freedom to say wat they like to say?
haha..as long as not too extreme i guess is alrite ba..

jnifur
06-06-2004, 10:24 PM
hm...
Darksins can comment dat is stupid show lahz..
but guess not in forum lor..
he cna say dat to his frens..to his family or wateva..
like i always did..haha..
i will say this and dat stupid when i at home or to my frens lor..
but if i noe my fren like dat certain thing or show or wat..
den usually i will say i dun like..i wun say hey dats so stupid u like for wat...are u an idiot?
i mean there are ppl out there hu act make such comment when they noe sum1 like sumthing they dun like lor..
but den..since this is a forum..guess everyone haf the freedom to say wat they like to say?
haha..as long as not too extreme i guess is alrite ba..

Yah yah...I did say some shows are stupid too :ls: BUt privately lah.....
Unless some times I really forgot then I type it out on forum....but I try not to....wait pple who like the show K me..... :ls:

but then...at the end of the day....even say too extreme, if pple read n forget, then who cares much? :)

We|sAu
06-06-2004, 10:33 PM
Yah yah...I did say some shows are stupid too :ls: BUt privately lah.....
Unless some times I really forgot then I type it out on forum....but I try not to....wait pple who like the show K me..... :ls:
haha
i guess sumtimes we sure will forget and type things we shouldnt say here..
as long as not too extreme or too guo fen can liao lor.. :grin:

j20_sg
06-06-2004, 10:51 PM
ya la...dun like sae dun like la...buy u sae till liddat then we all watch the show wan stupid aso la....

lyk13
07-06-2004, 01:10 AM
Isnt this fair?
Right on target! :tu:

ACURA
07-06-2004, 02:34 AM
Eh... I NOT STUPID

PinkyGong
07-06-2004, 09:00 AM
just c the title of de movie would be lame

lyk13
07-06-2004, 12:11 PM
It takes a LAME title to accomplish things.

ACURA
07-06-2004, 12:22 PM
C'mon... must support local productions abit ma..

If singaporean dun support your own product, who will?

mickey
07-06-2004, 12:31 PM
C'mon... must support local productions abit ma..

If singaporean dun support your own product, who will?

:nod: Agreed..tink I will enjoy tis show as I believe tat it will much funny than western comedy..Didn't d little gal whom act in 'Home run' got a prize for her acting in d show..Let's be more open minded abit in our local production.. :)

lyk13
07-06-2004, 01:08 PM
:nod: Agreed..tink I will enjoy tis show as I believe tat it will much funny than western comedy..Didn't d little gal whom act in 'Home run' got a prize for her acting in d show..Let's be more open minded abit in our local production.. :)
Something to add on, SINGAPORE'S FIRST GOLDEN HORSE AWARD.

mickey
07-06-2004, 01:51 PM
Something to add on, SINGAPORE'S FIRST GOLDEN HORSE AWARD.

Ha2!..yep..let's be modest abit.. :laugh: tat prove local production still got substance ;-)

PinkyGong
07-06-2004, 02:01 PM
would this gonna get another golden horse again? i doubt so

yhw22
07-06-2004, 02:21 PM
e advertistment is very irrigating in e MRT!!!!

lyk13
07-06-2004, 02:55 PM
Actually, the song "拜六禮拜~~會不會開~~~~" :laugh: Quite funny....:laugh:

yhw22
07-06-2004, 02:57 PM
Actually, the song "拜六禮拜~~會不會開~~~~" :laugh: Quite funny....:laugh:
it keep repeating!!!! :mad:

j20_sg
07-06-2004, 07:22 PM
no...it doesnt repeat...its bai liu li bai hui bu hui kai~ na boh bei sai...na buay pai!

alot songs in the show loe....all pwr.... :laugh:

PinkyGong
08-06-2004, 08:45 AM
emm they all speaking in dilects how on earth others would able to watch?

lyk13
08-06-2004, 07:20 PM
That's one problem to me, cos I dun understand, thus unable to watch....:grin:

summer_dreams
09-06-2004, 07:30 PM
this movie is showing in Brunei now.. im planning to go watch.. even my malay frenz also wanna go watch with me.. i'll comment here after i go n watch...
i think shud be quite nice ah.. i quite like the cast

c0kA`Co|a
09-06-2004, 07:52 PM
dont think im going to waste my 6.50 bucks on this show

lyk13
10-06-2004, 08:37 PM
this movie is showing in Brunei now.. im planning to go watch.. even my malay frenz also wanna go watch with me.. i'll comment here after i go n watch...
i think shud be quite nice ah.. i quite like the cast
Comment after u watch...:)

ttsunshine
10-06-2004, 09:15 PM

hv english subtitles, i guz

Steffan
11-06-2004, 12:07 AM
Singaporeans must give singaporeans support, and i must say this is very good, lucky i am a hokkien, so can understand the conversation.. Thumbs Up!!

cazi
11-06-2004, 12:38 AM
erm, I know some hokkien (from army days) but not sure if the hokkien in the movie too chim or not, anybody gone and seen can tell me if they use the so-called common phrases? or maybe can so-called break down like 70% mandarin 30% hokkein or something :) just wanna know if I should watch alone or with hokkien friend that's all :)

Ken|x
11-06-2004, 12:42 AM
The theme song irritates the hell out of me whenever I'm waiting for a train at mrt stations.

jnifur
11-06-2004, 10:52 PM
Jus see liao :laugh:
I like the talking rapping note head :laugh:
Anyone happen to see the aknowledgement?
I think hor, one of the scene is shoot in my clubhouse....
ANd I actually saw part of the shooting in apr or mar without knowing they are filming that show

jnifur
11-06-2004, 10:53 PM
erm, I know some hokkien (from army days) but not sure if the hokkien in the movie too chim or not, anybody gone and seen can tell me if they use the so-called common phrases? or maybe can so-called break down like 70% mandarin 30% hokkein or something :) just wanna know if I should watch alone or with hokkien friend that's all :)

Some quite chim....all the gambling terms...
If u dun understand, it is better to go with frens. Basically it is a lot of hokkien jagons

j20_sg
12-06-2004, 12:05 AM
Jus see liao :laugh:
I like the talking rapping note head :laugh:
Anyone happen to see the aknowledgement?
I think hor, one of the scene is shoot in my clubhouse....
ANd I actually saw part of the shooting in apr or mar without knowing they are filming that show
wa...u own a clubhouse?

j20_sg
12-06-2004, 12:06 AM
Some quite chim....all the gambling terms...
If u dun understand, it is better to go with frens. Basically it is a lot of hokkien jagons
lol....strangely a 16 yr old tt doesnt buy 4D understands.... :laugh:

mabbe cos i went wif my ah-ma(pro gambler cum ex-bookie) :ls:

:laugh:

jnifur
12-06-2004, 01:15 AM
wa...u own a clubhouse?

No lah....the photography society of singapore clubhouse lah....not I own de lah...If I own wan how can I not know rite...hahahaha

lxiul
12-06-2004, 02:13 AM
just watched the movie and I really liked it! even though couldnt catch all the hokkien they were saying..try to read the subtitles also they speak too fast! haha... very funny...

Jack Neo's movies has improve alot alot since the Liang Po Po dayz.. Even though alot of people think of local movie production will say waste money... i think they've missed a good movie. Feel like its back to those thinking "Ang Mo's Idea is always good!" why can't local production be good?

I don't care if my ticket money is well spent on movies with big big budget...all I need is a good script/plot and good casts. Then that's worth my money. :)

kikasa
12-06-2004, 02:17 AM
well it hab a good start but then as the story goes, it get kind of "suck".... i see until gong gong den know that Richard and Richard Tai Tai is thinkin of the consequences if they shld cheat Huang and Shun of the $400k.....the whole cinema reaction was like "CHEY"..... :laugh:

mickey
12-06-2004, 01:14 PM
Ha2! catch d show with Minnie yesterday..and taxi no which happened to be there when shun is released from d jailed is d hp no which I passed to my dad to use till today..Dun noe tis weekend will opened or not..HA@@HA

gaoxing84
12-06-2004, 01:21 PM
hmm..i gonna watch this movie tml..keke

gnixer
12-06-2004, 11:33 PM
jus finish liao
very funny
laugh until u pengz if u understand the language
got sub...

jnifur
13-06-2004, 12:16 AM
Ha2! catch d show with Minnie yesterday..and taxi no which happened to be there when shun is released from d jailed is d hp no which I passed to my dad to use till today..Dun noe tis weekend will opened or not..HA@@HA

Bai liu never kai....LI BAI HUI BU HUI KAI!????
HAHAHAHHAHAHA

j20_sg
13-06-2004, 01:33 AM
well it hab a good start but then as the story goes, it get kind of "suck".... i see until gong gong den know that Richard and Richard Tai Tai is thinkin of the consequences if they shld cheat Huang and Shun of the $400k.....the whole cinema reaction was like "CHEY"..... :laugh:
but hor...liddat then meaningful ma...u see if they ended like the fella kanna chop to death so bo yi si....they liddat show can show tt 4D n gambling nt everything.....also muz be grateful to ur frens n muz be honest...liddat den got moral ma....

j20_sg
13-06-2004, 01:34 AM
Jack Neo's movies has improve alot alot since the Liang Po Po dayz.. Even though alot of people think of local movie production will say waste money... i think they've missed a good movie. Feel like its back to those thinking "Ang Mo's Idea is always good!" why can't local production be good?
:)
adapted frm money no enough? ;-)

lyk13
13-06-2004, 09:21 AM
Bai liu never kai....LI BAI HUI BU HUI KAI!????
HAHAHAHHAHAHA
They changed it in the script? Or u changed it? Thought is "Bai Liu Li Bai Hui Bu Hui Kai~~~" :laugh:

song45
13-06-2004, 12:23 PM
haha watched the movie..really very very funny cause i am a 4d gambler also...this movie really can tell what we gamblers are thinking

jnifur
13-06-2004, 02:27 PM
They changed it in the script? Or u changed it? Thought is "Bai Liu Li Bai Hui Bu Hui Kai~~~" :laugh:

mickey n me bought the hot hot number in the show mah, which happened to be his dad's hp number....
拜六yesterday 没有开mah...so dunno today 礼拜会不会开??? hahahaha

summer_dreams
13-06-2004, 04:51 PM
i just went to watch.. very funny :laugh:
i really like it leh.. my whole family likes it too..
All my friends who watched the movie liked it..
u guys should be proud of ur singaporean production :tu:

ttsunshine
13-06-2004, 04:58 PM
mickey n me bought the hot hot number in the show mah, which happened to be his dad's hp number....

if u guys huat ah, remember to treat me hor :grin:

ttsunshine
13-06-2004, 05:00 PM
is quite funny movie.reflected how singaporeans pin their hopes on 4d/toto every week to strike rich.
imagine if i strike n count the $ as shown in the movie, i think i ll not be able to slp with so many cash in front of me.. :p

lyk13
13-06-2004, 06:06 PM
Wah pengz....:laugh:

lxiul
13-06-2004, 11:08 PM
adapted frm money no enough? ;-)
yup! :) still remembered the bak kwa advertisement the ang mo made..hahaha...become like sanitary pad advert!

jnifur
13-06-2004, 11:35 PM
if u guys huat ah, remember to treat me hor :grin:

aiyoh...never huat ah....拜六礼拜没有开ah....
Somemore my mum very good ah...she can tell me...heng never 开, actually I forgot to buy....win liao loh :laugh:

Devilishious
14-06-2004, 01:58 AM
hehehe

http://gallery.image4free.com/albums/userpics/10071/normal_bestbet.JPG

mickey
14-06-2004, 10:15 AM
Somemore my mum very good ah...she can tell me...heng never 开, actually I forgot to buy....win liao loh :laugh:

Yeah lor..nv opened..ha2!..luckily juz buy it for d sake buying..Nv c d GOd of wealth on motorcycle mah..tat y...:laugh:

j20_sg
14-06-2004, 11:04 AM
wa...nvr buy nvr open considered small win leh ^^

lyk13
14-06-2004, 07:42 PM
Jnifur: :rofl:

Devilishious: :wahaha:

j20: Like that also considered? True true...:laugh:

j20_sg
14-06-2004, 11:55 PM
Jnifur: :rofl:

Devilishious: :wahaha:

j20: Like that also considered? True true...:laugh:
ya ma... i tot the show got say? or was it my grandma? :ls:

bloodcool
15-06-2004, 12:57 AM
just went to watch it today... :laugh: wua si lao hokkien, tiorn kopi-tiam sian kopi-soh eh, so i have no problem in understanding every part of the show... keep laughing... :wahaha:

well, i would say that it is a good show overall, still got suan the sg govt abit (but not as much as homerun)... but i think it 'attacks' right into the hearts of singapore 小市民, be it you are a 4D, Toto siao or not... the so-called healthy message it tries to bring across is good, but seriously, i doubt it will goes into the mind of those 4D siao... :grin:

oh one thing, the song 拜六礼拜回不会开 actually is an old song, found in one of jack neo's old album... they 编曲 and sing again...

j20_sg
15-06-2004, 01:06 AM
just went to watch it today... :laugh: wua si lao hokkien, tiorn kopi-tiam sian kopi-soh eh, so i have no problem in understanding every part of the show... keep laughing... :wahaha:

well, i would say that it is a good show overall, still got suan the sg govt abit (but not as much as homerun)... but i think it 'attacks' right into the hearts of singapore 小市民, be it you are a 4D, Toto siao or not... the so-called healthy message it tries to bring across is good, but seriously, i doubt it will goes into the mind of those 4D siao... :grin:

oh one thing, the song 拜六礼拜回不会开 actually is an old song, found in one of jack neo's old album... they 编曲 and sing again...
precisely...my parents n grandparents saw the other side of the show-How shiok izzit to haf a blanket made of cash :rolleyes:

Zulu
15-06-2004, 02:43 AM
lo0ks like not bad.:)

lyk13
15-06-2004, 08:09 PM

When u said old song, I thought u meant those oldies...:laugh:

jnifur
15-06-2004, 08:09 PM
precisely...my parents n grandparents saw the other side of the show-How shiok izzit to haf a blanket made of cash :rolleyes:

The feeling of kena covered up by cash is very shiok....cannot use go iron till nice nice also guay gian :laugh:

song45
17-06-2004, 02:26 AM
anyone know where to get that song...wanna download into my 6230..imagine when ppl call this ringtone comes out..hahahha..shiok

j20_sg
17-06-2004, 01:39 PM
anyone know where to get that song...wanna download into my 6230..imagine when ppl call this ringtone comes out..hahahha..shiok
anor! where to find the song ar?

dar80
17-06-2004, 02:09 PM
ya lor.. me oso thinking abt tat :p

sonato
18-06-2004, 08:17 AM
Its a nice and funny show... i think the part about the traffic police suddenly become cai shen ye was real wacky... :laugh:

After the show, i got inspiration and went to buy 4D... but turns out all the number already sold out... :sweat:

chloebabe
18-06-2004, 08:25 AM

bai liu li bai
hui bu hui kai

WAH nite mare liao...

before i saw the show.. already.. heard this from mrt everyday...

now if ppl gonna use it on ring tone.. CHAM liao...

bloodcool
18-06-2004, 02:49 PM
haha... i have the older version of the song... but then is cassette tape... :think: no cable to hook to my pc... :grin:

dar80
18-06-2004, 03:02 PM
haha... i have the older version of the song... but then is cassette tape... :think: no cable to hook to my pc... :grin:
wah.. cassette tape hor.. tat means last time they got this song liaozzz ah

weijian
18-06-2004, 06:56 PM
haahaha....mark lee got new album leh...wahhaaa
cd version one..hahaa

Terence_929
18-06-2004, 08:53 PM
quite a nice movie

Ivena
18-06-2004, 11:53 PM
I don't mind watching this movie, except that my Hokkien standard really low. :grin: Well, maybe I'll still go, depends.

Have to give Jack Neo credit for his effort lor. His movies, other than trying to entertain, usually have some underlying message or examine some social phenomenon one. I liked how he talked about the water issue with Malaysia in Homerun, heh.

chayedan
19-06-2004, 12:38 AM
piangz..I watch it few days ago..$6.50 for that movie..no comments

although funny and it do some reflection on "se4 hui4 ming2 sheng1"..but i dun think it is a classic movie..at least it cannot be compared with home-run..laggi jialat is I think it also cannot be compared with "I not stupid"..

valerfore
19-06-2004, 12:49 AM
i just watched.. not bad a show but definitely not jack neo's best!
but joanna peh... HOT!!!!
may not act well.. may not host well...... BUT SHES DAMN CHIO :grin:

hellokitty
19-06-2004, 01:36 AM
i just watched.. not bad a show but definitely not jack neo's best!
but joanna peh... HOT!!!!
may not act well.. may not host well...... BUT SHES DAMN CHIO :grin:

me too watched liao...ok lor..very jack neo.. :laugh: some hokkien i oso dun understand but not bad lor...i laugh when pple laugh...ahhaa...very lame rite... :laugh:

joanna peh where got hot...haha...she like dunno how to act leh...but i think her mandarin not bad la..but she talk wif no feeling la... :ls:

but i think mark lee very good..very beng... :laugh:

hellokitty
19-06-2004, 01:37 AM
haahaha....mark lee got new album leh...wahhaaa
cd version one..hahaa

i like the song - give me back my $$$...hahaa...really got use man... :laugh:

Ivena
19-06-2004, 10:56 AM
i like the song - give me back my $$$...hahaa...really got use man... :laugh:

That time I heard on 93.3FM, DJ Chongqing asked a listener whether she will buy Mark Lee or William Hung's album, she said Mark Lee really cannot make it so she will buy William Hung's! :laugh:

For me, both also won't buy! :grin:

valerfore
19-06-2004, 05:30 PM
That time I heard on 93.3FM, DJ Chongqing asked a listener whether she will buy Mark Lee or William Hung's album, she said Mark Lee really cannot make it so she will buy William Hung's! :laugh:

at least mark lee's is funny lor.... william hung's is just crap hahaha

jnifur
20-06-2004, 12:15 AM

Ah? rather buy william hung's ah...aiyoh...so sad...hahaha
Maybe becos william hung can make pple laugh better with his classic dance steps on SHE BANGS SHE BANGS! :laugh:

But I agree, it is definitely not jack neo's best movie....but then, it is a low budget film...so buay sai hiam le lah

j20_sg
20-06-2004, 01:26 AM
eh...but buy the OST good leh...i wanna make to ringtone ^^

gan gan gan! gan gan gan! yong gam gan jit buay~~ :laugh:

lyk13
20-06-2004, 09:30 AM
eh...but buy the OST good leh...i wanna make to ringtone ^^

gan gan gan! gan gan gan! yong gam gan jit buay~~ :laugh:
:laugh: Aternatively, I wonder if suddenly got the bai liu li bai hui bu hui kai ringtone on the MRT, I wonder will majority of ppl immediately radar to look for that idiotic ringtone source...:laugh:

j20_sg
20-06-2004, 12:54 PM
:laugh: Aternatively, I wonder if suddenly got the bai liu li bai hui bu hui kai ringtone on the MRT, I wonder will majority of ppl immediately radar to look for that idiotic ringtone source...:laugh:
gd ma....then u can gif that stupid look and dun answer the phone....mwhahahahahaha....sure tio whack...

But hor...william hung and mark lee i aso will buy william hung leh.....wan buy music buy either those beri good or beri lousy wan ma.... :laugh:...

lyk13
20-06-2004, 02:57 PM
Seriously, the first time I hear Mark sing that song, I was thinking "That's Mark Lee???" :eek:

song45
26-06-2004, 11:01 AM
hahhaaha i had bought that album..my god i really cant believe i will actually really spend money to buy it...but no regrets la..i had make that song into ringtone and sms ringtone......feel great everytime all eyes turn on me when my 6230 ring...hahaa

j20_sg
26-06-2004, 12:54 PM
hahhaaha i had bought that album..my god i really cant believe i will actually really spend money to buy it...but no regrets la..i had make that song into ringtone and sms ringtone......feel great everytime all eyes turn on me when my 6230 ring...hahaa
eh~~~ send mi leh~~ =X PM? =X

how much is the cd btw? if 19.90 liddat...nt beri worth hor... :rolleyes:

song45
26-06-2004, 04:04 PM
hehe...i go to chinatown 'fu liang record' the best and CD shop in town only $15.90

kerpalz
26-06-2004, 04:10 PM
yesterdae bo bian.. i got free tix from BP to watch this show... not bad....i like the twist at the ending.... Nice.... Finally Jack Neo's idea getting better... but i have to agree that its a low budget show... they should have just use Digital Beta to shoot the show... can cut cost mah!~