PDA

View Full Version : Virus

Pierre
23-03-2004, 01:13 AM
Recently I scan my pc I found out that I got W32.parite.a and VBS.REDLOF.A virus in my pc and no matter how I remove it and I restart the virus will come back again can anyone tell me how to remove this two virus cause I make me very troublesome by the way I using Windows 98SE thanks :grin:

ciscoblue
23-03-2004, 02:34 AM
Recently I scan my pc I found out that I got W32.parite.a and VBS.REDLOF.A virus in my pc and no matter how I remove it and I restart the virus will come back again can anyone tell me how to remove this two virus cause I make me very troublesome by the way I using Windows 98SE thanks :grin:

You might like to read up on the links below:
W32.parite.a virus:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.pinfi.html

VBS.REDLOF.A virus:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/vbs.redlof.a.html

Both links are from norton offical website which will teach you on restoring the registry after you have delete the virus

xcode
23-03-2004, 12:32 PM
use the latest ver of anti-virus software ;-)

Pierre
24-03-2004, 01:38 AM
You might like to read up on the links below:
W32.parite.a virus:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.pinfi.html

VBS.REDLOF.A virus:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/vbs.redlof.a.html

Both links are from norton offical website which will teach you on restoring the registry after you have delete the virus

I follow all the instruction already still cannot once I restart the virus still there now I really don't know what to do :cry:

lyk13
24-03-2004, 08:22 PM
If u removed one, will that one still remain or disappear?

Pierre
25-03-2004, 06:13 PM
If u removed one, will that one still remain or disappear?
If I remove it will disappear before I restart pc once I restart or shutdown it come back again I doing it over 10 times it still like this :cry:

kopi_or
25-03-2004, 06:23 PM
If I remove it will disappear before I restart pc once I restart or shutdown it come back again I doing it over 10 times it still like this :cry:
if your OS has System Restore function, you should turn it off before you scan/clean your system. the virus still around because everytime you reboot, it has a copy in the System Restore.

lyk13
25-03-2004, 07:40 PM
if your OS has System Restore function, you should turn it off before you scan/clean your system. the virus still around because everytime you reboot, it has a copy in the System Restore.
Possible, else, this virus might have stationed in ur bios. That's the worst, but I dunno if it IS possible.

devilion
25-03-2004, 08:05 PM
Ur PC izzit on a network or there's more then one User Acct?

Pierre
25-03-2004, 11:49 PM
My pc is not on any network and I don't have system restore I thought only Windows ME have system restore me now using 98SE

ciscoblue
26-03-2004, 12:29 AM
My pc is not on any network and I don't have system restore I thought only Windows ME have system restore me now using 98SE

try to look in your auto start up list and disable all the unknown start up applications.

What I think is that there is a program trying to copy or download the virus everytime you start up your windows 98.
you are using Maxonline cable or dial up(Singnet and etc) connections?

Pierre
26-03-2004, 05:02 PM
I using maxonline but I have check before I don't have those unknown program in the program list when i press ctrl alt delete all the program is listed there is on my taskbar

lyk13
26-03-2004, 09:11 PM
Have u shut down ur pc ever since? If scanning with the latest virus definitions STILL dun work, it may really be inside ur BIOS. I heard of viruses inhabiting ur CMOS/BIOS....

ciscoblue
27-03-2004, 03:34 AM
I using maxonline but I have check before I don't have those unknown program in the program list when i press ctrl alt delete all the program is listed there is on my taskbar

Some programs may not be shown when you press ctrl alt delete.
You have to use a special tools to check what program are in the process.

Try to use hijackthis software to do a scan to see if there are any unknown program running in the background without your knowledge.

I think there is a program trying to download the virus everytime you start up your system as your internet connection is always on.

If wanna test if it is really true, disable your MaxOnline connection first(plug out the cable from your PC to the modem) and do a scan and delete of virus.
Restart your system and try to scan again to see if there are anymore virus.

Pierre
27-03-2004, 05:19 PM
Thanks alot of all your help I will do it when I free recently I am very busy :grin:

kopi_or
31-03-2004, 10:04 AM
ciscoblue is right, not all programs can be seen at the task bar or by pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del.

you can try this: go to Run and type "msconfig"', Enter
click Startup tab and disable those applications which are not supposed to be there. Caution!!! Do not disable those you are not sure, 'cos if they are used by the system, your pc may hang after you reboot.

Pierre
31-03-2004, 07:12 PM
If I run my system under safe mode can I remove the virus? :grin:

bloodcool
31-03-2004, 08:26 PM
If I run my system under safe mode can I remove the virus? :grin:
can't say for sure... but it's worth a try :grin:

devilcup
31-03-2004, 09:29 PM
can't say for sure... but it's worth a try :grin:
bro most likely can lar
in safe mode windows only power up wat is necessary
but there is case like the one that shut ur comp down in 1 mins? wat that virus name ar?

lyk13
31-03-2004, 11:27 PM
bro most likely can lar
in safe mode windows only power up wat is necessary
but there is case like the one that shut ur comp down in 1 mins? wat that virus name ar?
Blaster worm.

Pierre
01-04-2004, 06:13 PM
So how to I turn my windows in safe mode cause I using 98se don't have system restore :)

lyk13
01-04-2004, 10:59 PM
So how to I turn my windows in safe mode cause I using 98se don't have system restore :)
Press F8 BEFORE the windows 98 splash screen?

Pierre
02-04-2004, 05:55 PM
Thanks alot :grin: