PDA

View Full Version : Watch TV

junwei87
04-03-2004, 05:23 PM
Which program do you used to watch TV?
Me using Intervideo Home Theater.

lyk13
04-03-2004, 09:01 PM
Mind I pop-in a somewhat related question?

Anyone can watch cable tv using tv-tuner card? :sweat: And u are able to change the channels via the cable box. :sweat:

junwei87
06-03-2004, 01:14 AM

Anyone can watch cable tv using tv-tuner card? :sweat: And u are able to change the channels via the cable box. :sweat:

I'm oso curious... Anyway... Are we enable to connect a VCR to the pc??

akc850
06-03-2004, 04:54 PM

BTW you got TV-tuner card? Must have that to watch tv

junwei87
07-03-2004, 12:45 AM
BTW you got TV-tuner card? Must have that to watch tv

Ya I got

dennis
07-03-2004, 02:47 AM

yes its possible. I ever do that.

TV point -> cable tv box -> Tv card -> pc

there is a disadvantage, u can only watch one channel on the tv which is the scv channel, and u can only use the cable tv box's controller to change channel.

dennis
07-03-2004, 02:48 AM
I'm oso curious... Anyway... Are we enable to connect a VCR to the pc??

as long as your tvcard got support. My tv card, got a point called s-composite besides the tv point.

lyk13
07-03-2004, 11:07 AM
yes its possible. I ever do that.

TV point -> cable tv box -> Tv card -> pc

there is a disadvantage, u can only watch one channel on the tv which is the scv channel, and u can only use the cable tv box's controller to change channel.
Ok...watch one channel on the tv? U mean on ur comp izzit? Errr yah, scv channel, similar to the tv set.....when we hook the cable pt to the box to the tv, we can only use the scv channel to watch everything lor.....and yah, change the ch via the box's remote. Same as watching on tv, but then it's on ur monitor eh? ;)

Zahne
07-03-2004, 01:45 PM

WinFast PVR and DScaler (can tune to cable T.V)

dennis
07-03-2004, 11:13 PM
Ok...watch one channel on the tv? U mean on ur comp izzit? Errr yah, scv channel, similar to the tv set.....when we hook the cable pt to the box to the tv, we can only use the scv channel to watch everything lor.....and yah, change the ch via the box's remote. Same as watching on tv, but then it's on ur monitor eh? ;)

yah of cos monitor lah u install the tv card in your pc not tv rite? :rolleyes:

lyk13
08-03-2004, 01:56 AM
yah of cos monitor lah u install the tv card in your pc not tv rite? :rolleyes:
:p

Zahne: DScaler - This program acts as the 'box' ?