PDA

View Full Version : ASP.NET Account found in Control Panel -> User Acc

Chemiluminescent
23-02-2004, 09:27 PM
Hi,

I just encountered this ASP.NET acc as one of the users on my PC. I have never created an acc for that when I installed my system and I'm extremely sure not one at home would create that. Anyone had the same experience? How did it happen?

It's written as:

ASP.Net Machine
Limited Account
Password Protected

:confused:

Zahne
24-02-2004, 01:53 PM
Hi,

I just encountered this ASP.NET acc as one of the users on my PC. I have never created an acc for that when I installed my system and I'm extremely sure not one at home would create that. Anyone had the same experience? How did it happen?

It's written as:

ASP.Net Machine
Limited Account
Password Protected

:confused:

I also got that when I installed Window XP. But I just delete that account.

lyk13
24-02-2004, 07:43 PM
It's automatically created when you install VS.Net or its subsidary softwares. No harm at all de.

Chemiluminescent
25-02-2004, 03:27 PM
It's automatically created when you install VS.Net or its subsidary softwares. No harm at all de.
Erm may I know what's VS.net? Won't the system prompt me abt it before doing such stuffs?

waynez
25-02-2004, 03:54 PM
Erm may I know what's VS.net? Won't the system prompt me abt it before doing such stuffs?

visual studio .net?

Chemiluminescent
25-02-2004, 04:00 PM
visual studio .net?
What is it for, any idea?

Anyway, I've got another question which I think it's related. I used to be able to log in to XP without clicking on to any USER buttons upon bootup. Now suddenly, I was given the menu to click on my own username to enter XP (Only 1 user button). Why is that so? :confused:

Piin
25-02-2004, 05:12 PM
does that remind you of microsoft. half of the shit they give you isn't needed at all. go linux.

- Piin

lyk13
25-02-2004, 09:30 PM
does that remind you of microsoft. half of the shit they give you isn't needed at all. go linux.

- Piin
That's too extreme.

Chemiluminescent: VS.net is Visual Studio.net. It is the suite's name that contains Visual Basic.net, Visual C++.net and other .net programs. I sort of remember the installation giving some sort of into that it will be setting up a profile for you to highlight problems to the Microsoft Visual Studio.net troubleshooting team. But in any case, I do remember they informing me and thus, this leads me to your next question, showing up YOUR ACCOUNT to click to enter windows. This happens to my previous installation of Windows where I installed VS.net. This is normal as it has one other account in its profile to be accessed. You can try to remove that account and see if the login screen is still there. :) Anyway, I didn't really bother about that account or the non-auto login screen. It's practically harmless.